Poison Ivy looks different in different seasons. Make sure your camping kids know what to look for, and stay away from!
Start by teaching them the old Boy Scout warning: Leaves of three – Leave it be!
Some experienced outdoor campers and hikers have recommended these products:
Prevention is the best cure. Blockers like this help stop the poison oils from being absorbed by the skin. A great idea the very young or very sensitive camping kids.
Hyland Poison Ivy Block
For emergencies, Tecnu is one of the most respected and effective product lines that outdoor campers and hikers rely on. Their scrubs and cleaners are proven to dissolve and remove the plant oils, and they also include pain and itch relief ingredients.
Tecnu Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac Scrubs
More Camping with Kids Camping Gear you might like:
- Camping with Kids – Safety and Rules
- Camping with Kids Campsite Layout
- Camping Activities for Kids
- Hiking and Camp – Games and Activities
- Rainy Day Survival Kit – Games and Activities
- Personal Gear/Bedding Checklist
- Camp Tools and Accessories Checklist
You might also like: