Nature’s Outdoor Bingo Game for Kids
Let them play! You don’t have to tell them they are learning about things in nature too! Nature’s Outdoor Bingo is a game and a lesson – all-in-one. Camp games for kids that are educational and fun.
Sometimes the “old stand-by” camping activities for kids are the best, and usually the last to be thought of!
Nature’s Outdoor Bingo Game: Kids love to play games, and everyone loves Bingo! When you are camping with kids, you need to be prepared with games and activities that kid’s will enjoy, and when they play Nature’s Outdoor Bingo they are combining a game they love with learning about the things in nature that are all around them.
- Outdoor bingo plays just like regular bingo, the object is to complete a row; across, down, or diagonally, but instead of calling numbers, things found in nature are called by using pictures and words.
As kid’s are anxiously awaiting the next call they will be studying their card to see what they need, (and secretly wishing that the one they need is called next), and while they are staring at that acorn or caterpillar, or squirrel, they will also be learning about things they can find in their camping surroundings.
Instead of numbers in a cage, Outdoor Bingo uses picture cards that include a picture and the name of the item called.
- Each camper gets a bingo card and a handful of bingo markers
- The calling cards are shuffled and placed face down, then one card at a time is drawn, the “caller” shows the card so everyone can see the picture, and the name, then if they have that picture on their card they place a bingo marker on it.
- This continues until any player calls bingo!
- When a player gets four in a row they can yell bingo! It might not be unusual for more than one player to bingo at a time, so the first to call bingo wins.
Free Outdoor Bingo Game Kit! –
Just use the link below to get your free Outdoor Bingo Game as a PDF file that you can print and use. Just print it and cut out the bingo and calling cards.
Each free game file includes:
- six different bingo cards with 16 pictures in a four by four grid
- 16 calling cards matching the bingo card pictures
Premium Outdoor Bingo Game
The premium game set is a little more like “real” bingo. Each bingo card does not have every picture that is in the calling card deck, so getting a bingo won’t be quite as easy as the free version.
Both the bingo cards and the calling cards are printed on 80# heavy card stock and then laminated front and back, adding another 10 mils of sturdy durability for repeated use in a less-than-friendly camping environment.
This is a great pack or troop game for young Cubs or Scouts!
Each premium game includes:
- 10 different bingo cards
- 30 different picture calling cards
- a supply of bingo markers (bingo markers may vary from those pictured)
- A labeled water-proof ZipLoc storage bag
Bad Weather Survival Ideas for Camping with Kids:
Bad Weather? Kids confined to the tent? Save your sanity – be prepared with these games and activities to keep them occupied.
The links are for individual products, or the all-in-one bad weather kit. (as pictured)
Available as an all-in-one kit – Just click the image on the right to see a complete all-in-one Camping activities for Kids and camp games for kids Bad Weather Survival kit” – All you have to do is select the item quantities to match your number of kids!
More Hiking and In-Camp Activities for Kids
Here are a few items and resources that may prove helpful:
And you know camping with young kids means scrapes and scratches. Itches and rashes, so make sure you have a good Camping First Aid Kit handy.
Camp First Aid Kits
For emergencies, and your peace of mind, – every kid in camp should have a camp whistle on a lanyard around their neck! It’s a handy way for them to summon help when they need it.
Camp Safety Whistles
Save your strength, – every kid needs their own camp flashlight, instead of arguing who gets yours or who has had it the longest and who’s turn it is now.
(ps. this is a great camp light for kids, but you can just pick some up at the Dollar store if you want)
Kid’s Camping Flashlights
Check out these great examples of camping gear items you can find on Amazon. Like the folding shovel and the headlamp, once you have these pieces of camp gear included in your list of camping equipment, you will wonder how you ever did without them. Especially when you see how inexpensive they are when you buy them online at Amazon.
You might also like: