Once again Camping Bob does his best to show how to change the mantles on a Coleman gas camping lantern – but could this be a demonstration FAIL instead?
He does have the procedure straight … but there seems to be some safety issues using a blowtorch in the actual implementation.
Editor’s note: Clarification comments follow below video.
Camping Lantern Replacement and Repair Parts
More camp lighting choices:
- Offers three light modes: 360-degree area light, high/low, and directional flashlight
- Designed to easily clip on anywhere you need it
- 50 lumens of light output (that’s brighter than you think)
- Run time of 5 hours on 4AAA Energizer Max Alkaline batteries (included), water resistant – IPX4
To repeat… it comes with batteries included!
Gus has one of these carabiner lights. It is a fantastic “utility” or specific purpose light. You can hang it anywhere; from your belt or backpack, tent pole or tarp line, or even a tree branch. 50 lumens is a lot more light than you think it is. On “area light” setting it will provide a wide glow of light all around, and it also gets the job done as a flashlight.
Recommendation: ★★★★★ A Great Buy
Sugg. Retail: $21.99 Amazon price: $9.99
- Two bright, long-lasting, 0.5-millimeter LEDs provide a surprising amount of light
- Reflector slides up to project forward-shining beam for flashlight-style use; collapsible design folds down by half for packing
- 7.5-inch tall lantern weighs just seven ounces, including batteries
- Compact, space-saving lantern runs up to 15 hours on three AA batteries
Sugg. Retail: $24.99 Amazon price: $10.37
Was this helpful?
Help us share Campingwithgus.com by giving us a “Like”
Here are some other examples of camp lighting gear.
Notes and discussions:
Here are a few more pieces of camping gear you might be interested in:
Camping Tent Accessories
- Camping Tent Styles
- What Camping Tent Features to Look For
- How to Pick The Right Camping Tent for Your Camping
- Complete Tent Camping Checklist
- Camp Tools and Accessories Checklist
Recommended for you: