Easy Camp Dinner Meal Recipes
Creamy Chicken and Noodles Camp Dinner Recipe
This Creamy Chicken and Noodles Camping Recipe is so easy to prepare you won’t believe how good it tastes. And when served from the cast iron skillet it is cooked in – it will be a feast for the eyes too.
The key is the simplicity of the recipe and the pre-prep you do at home before leaving for camp. The ‘Smart Camp Cooking’ tips below will show you how to save time and packing space when it comes to camp food and cooking.
Few things are more traditional for a camping trip than campfire cooking and a black cast iron skillet or Dutch oven. And this easy 1-skillet camping recipe is a perfect choice for that favorite skillet.
Serves: 6 – 8 campers *easily expanded for larger groups
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 – 30 minutes
Camp cooking gear:
Here is all you need:
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Camping Dutch oven or large skillet
- *optional – 2nd pot or pan to cook the noodles
- Sharp kitchen-type camp knife
- Lg. serving spoon/ladle
- Cutting board
Main Camping Recipe Ingredients:
- 6-8 each Chicken breasts – Boneless/skinless, diced, * plan 1 breast per camper
- 1 pkg. (12oz – 16oz) Medium flat noodles
- 2 cans Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Peas
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 soup can of milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Oregano, topping
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan cheese – for topping
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs – for topping
- Boil noodles in salted water, (1 tsp. salt), until firmly soft, don’t over-cook, they will cook more later. (this prep can be done at home)
- Dice chicken into 3/4″ cubes, cook in hot skillet with cooking oil, over high heat until lightly browned, set aside, but do not drain or clean skillet
- In skillet, combine soup, milk, 1/2 tsp. salt, and the pepper, slowly bring to a simmering boil over low to med. heat, stirring well and frequently to get a smooth un-scorched mixture
- Once simmering, add noodles, can veggies, and cooked chicken. Stir well to mix, then simmer 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and sprinkle toppings; Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Oregano
- Serve directly from skillet on table
Camping Tip: Use a camping meal checklists to make sure you don’t leave any vital ingredients at home.You can find an assortment of outdoor camping checklists
*Note – all shopping links are my own Amazon affiliate links – which I only use to recommend good-quality camping gear – Gus
Was this useful?
Help us share Campingwithgus.com by giving us a “Like”
Campfire Dinner Recipes for Easy Camping Meals
Delicious Skillet, 1-pot, and Dutch oven recipes that will showcase your campfire cooking skills, without letting them know how easy these camping meals really are to make.
Here are a few items and resources that may prove helpful:
Pie Irons for Campfire Cooking
If you go camping with kids, you should have at least one Pie Iron, (preferably one for each kid), in your camping cookware. They are versatile – you can make anything from grilled cheese sandwiches to instant fruit pies. And they are so safe and easy to use that you can let your young campers make their own fun camping recipes for kids.
Just pop in the ingredients, close, cook over the campfire, and out comes delicious sandwiches, or biscuit-dough fruit tarts, or dozens of other camp food choices.
Boy Scout Handbook
Check out these great examples of camping gear items useful for camping with kids. Once you have these pieces of camp gear included in your list of camping equipment, you will wonder how you ever did without them. Especially when you see how inexpensive they are when you buy them online.
You might also like: