Planning a Camping Trip Tips & Guides
For experienced campers, planning a camping trip is just a matter of doing what they know how to do, but for new campers it can be a daunting task. Where to start? What do I need to know, what camping equipment do I need, is there a packing list, and how do I plan a camping menu for the meals and food?
These are just some questions the camping tips and guides below will help you answer. Step-by-step camping trip and menu planning guides, forms, and checklists will help ensure a great trip.
Planning a Camping Trip Resources:
• Planning An Outdoor Camping Trip – 1st Steps
Once you have picked your date and camping destination, and have an idea of the type of camping activities you want to do, start your camping trip planning by making sure you have answers to these basic questions:
Planning Your Camping Trip – The Answers You Need:
- Tent size or number of tents
- Campfire rings provided or required
- Can you use “fallen” firewood from the site
2. Are permits or reservations required?
- Do you need a campsite reservation, or is it first-come availability
- Are vehicle or campsite permits required
- Do you need hunting/fishing/boating license
- Do any campsite activities or facilities require reservations
3. What on-site services are available; water, electric, etc.
- Is water, electric, trash disposal available
- >>> Read more …
• How to Plan a Camping Trip Checklist
This camping trip checklist should be the first one you start with, and the last one in your hand as you get in the car!
• Camping Trip Packing Lists and Checklists
These camping checklists are intended to be complete enough to cover almost any type of outdoor camping, from an over-night camp-out in a local field, to a week-end Scout event, to a week-long hunting camp in the mountains.
Here are some handy resources and pieces of camp gear you mind be interested in:
More Helpful Camping Tips & Guides
Camping Equipment, Gear, Cookware, and Personal Stuff
• Everything tastes better when it’s cooked in the great outdoors, and everyone enjoys kicking back with a delicious camp meal. Especially if it is a campfire cooking recipe.
• How to Plan Camping Meals and Menus
Before you can plan your camp meals and menu you need to answer some questions that will determine what type of camping meals and camp food you want to consider. These basic steps will get you started:
• Camp Meals – How to Pack Smart
Carrying heavy boxes and coolers of food for your camp meals into and out of camp is one of the least fun jobs of the whole camping trip. These camp cooking tips will show you how to save time, weight and bulk, and get out of the camp kitchen sooner.
• Camping and Campfire Cookware – What do you need
There are two kinds of camp cooks; ones that do it because it’s their turn, and ones that do it because they enjoy it as much as any other part of outdoor camping. But regardless of which one you are, your collection of camping cookware has to start with the basics.With just these basic items you can prepare most of the camp foods used in the majority of camping meal menus.
• Gus’ Campfire Cookware for Camping
Gus’ Camping Cookware for a “Normal” Camp-out. Most of the information at Camping with Gus is geared to new or almost-new campers. Several have asked me what I take on a normal camping trip. So here goes. **Note: This is my basic pack-out list. Other items would be added for special meals or camp locations that require extra gear.
• Best Camping Stove Starter Set-Up
If you are new to camping, deciding what camping equipment you need for cooking, just to get started, can be a little overwhelming. This list of “starter” gear will equip you with the basics you need for your start to camp cooking.
• Camping Menus – Complete Ready-to-go Packages
From simple no muss – no fuss easy camp meals and campfire recipes to the creations of camp chefs, these complete camp meal menu packages will give you all you need for your camping trip. Complete lists for cookware and equipment; chuck box supplies; camp food groceries list for one to six campers; recipes and prep instructions
Was this helpful?
Help us share Campingwithgus.com by giving us a “Like”
Check out these samples of camping cookware and camping tools. Once you have one of these camp tools you will wonder how you ever did without it. Especially when you see how inexpensive they are when you buy them online.
More camping resources:
Let your friends know you found this helpful – just click the “+1″ button!
You can pass this on to friends with the email, Twitter, Facebook, and Google Buzz buttons below.