This ham, egg, and cheese breakfast muffin is a delicious, and easy, breakfast sandwich that is perfect for a camping breakfast.
Just add a glass of juice and you have a healthy nutritious meal to start your camping day.
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Muffin
This breakfast sandwich is so easy to make that it almost needs no instructions, but since campfire or camping stove cooking is different from kitchen cooking, there are a few steps and tips to note.
- one muffin
- one egg
- one slice ham
- one slice cheese
- butter, salt & pepper
This is a very simple recipe that only uses a campfire or camping stove, skillet and spatula, a fork to split the muffins, and a knife if you need to slice the cheese.
- Adults like cheddar, but young campers prefer American cheese
- Any ham, (or other breakfast meat), can be used, but the round sliced ham called Canadian Bacon works best. (this is what McDonalds uses on their Egg McMuffins too)
- The eggs are fried as hard eggs, so be sure to break the yolks when you fry them.
- Melt the cheese by placing it on the eggs as soon as you turn them.
Toasting the muffins:
- If you are using a campfire grate or charcoal grill, just lay the muffins on the grill, and turn once, to toast both sides – then butter the inside of each half.
- You can also toast the muffins in a skillet – just make sure it is already hot, and butter the muffins before you toast them.
Was this useful?
Help us share Campingwithgus.com by giving us a “Like”
More easy camping breakfast recipes:
|Easy Campfire Breakfast Meals|
Bad Weather Survival Ideas for Camping with Kids:
Bad Weather? Kids confined to the tent? Save your sanity – be prepared with these games and activities to keep them occupied.
The links are for individual products, or the all-in-one bad weather kit. (as pictured)
Available as an all-in-one kit – Just click the image on the right to see a complete all-in-one Camping activities for Kids and camp games for kids Bad Weather Survival kit” – All you have to do is select the item quantities to match your number of kids!
Notes and discussions:
*Note – all shopping links are my own Amazon affiliate links – which I only use to recommend good-quality camping gear – Gus
Camp cooking is usually a big part of every camping trip. You can “rough it” with just a basic skillet – and a lot of pioneering skills, or you can add the essential pieces of camping cookware that will make the job of the camp cook a lot easier – and the meals a lot more creative.
Here are a few items and resources that may prove helpful:
If you go camping with kids, you should have at least one Pie Iron, (preferably one for each kid), in your camping cookware. They are versatile – you can make anything from grilled cheese sandwiches to instant fruit pies. And they are so safe and easy to use that you can let your young campers make their own fun camping recipes for kids.
Just pop in the ingredients, close, cook over the campfire, and out comes delicious sandwiches, or biscuit-dough fruit tarts, or dozens of other camp food choices.
Campfire Cooking Grill Grate
A campfire cooking grill is one of the handiest, (and least expensive), pieces of camping gear you can have. And it doesn’t have to be a 30-pound cast iron monster either.
A folding grill grate like the pictured Coleman model works great, isn’t too heavy, and takes up very little space. Even when your camp site fire-ring has a grill you will still find yourself using this one too!
Check out these great examples of camping gear items useful for camping with kids. Once you have these pieces of camp gear included in your list of camping equipment, you will wonder how you ever did without them. Especially when you see how inexpensive they are when you buy them online.
- Camping with Kids Campsite Layout
- Camping Activities They Can Do Themselves
- Personal Gear/Bedding Checklist
- Campfire Checklist
- Campfire Cooking Checklist
- Camp Tools and Accessories Checklist
You might also like: