Planning A Camping Trip…
Check and Double-check...
Planning for your outdoor camping trip involves a lot more than just picking a date and campsite.
Too often critical decisions and details that should be considered first – are just taken for granted, which makes it too easy for simple little things to be forgotten or overlooked.
Note: This checklist follows the discussion about planning your camping trip in this Camping Tips post: Planning your Camping trip
*Links to a printer-friendly page-formatted copy of this list are included below.
Planning a Camping Trip Checklist:
- *Does your camping destination require reservations?
- Are there extra fees for the activities you want to do?
- Do any of your planned activities require permits?
__ Seasonal Restrictions
- *Are there any seasonal or time restrictions on any of your planned activities?
__ Site Access
- Can you drive up to the site with your car/truck?
- Access/Departure restricted by operating hours?
- __ Water Activities
- __ Hiking/Woodscraft facilities
- __ Tours
__ Facilities, Services, Resources
- What will be available to you?
- __ Water __ Electric
- __ Bathrooms __ Showers
- __ Laundry __ Fire-rings/Grills
- __ Trash Disposal __ Sewage
- __ Gazebos/Pavilions/Shelters
- __ Camp Store/Retail Store
- __ On-site attendants
- __ Medical
- Do you need to bring everything you will need?
- __ Campfires allowed
- __ Fire rings on site
- __ Picnic grills on site
- __ Firewood available
__ Weather Forecast – What is typical for planned date
__ Insect/Wildlife Issues
__ Animal/Pet Care Arrangements
__ Trip Meal Plans
__ Camp Food Supply List
__ Cooking Gear/Camp Kitchen Checklist
__ Group Campsite Camping Gear Checklist
__ Activities Gear Checklists
__ Personal Gear Checklist
__ Propane/Butane/Fuel/Battery Supplies
__ Medications Checklist
__ Camp Safety/First Aid Gear Checklist
__ Inform Neighbor/Friend of Trip details
- *where/expected return/emergency contact
__ Permits/Reservation & Fee Confirmation in-hand
__ All Camping Checklists Completed
__ Final House Walk-through
- __ No Boxes, Bags, or gear left behind
- __ All appliances/lights turned off
- __ Thermostats set
- __ Doors/Windows locked
Save/Print this camping checklist
As a customizable MS Word format
… that you can edit to become a personalized camping list for your camping trips.
As a PDF format
… which can also be customized with a PDF editor.
More Outdoor Camping Checklists:
Is this the way you organize and pack for a camping trip?
- Tent/Shelter Checklist
- Personal Gear/Bedding Checklist
- Camp Tools and Accessories Checklist
- Campfire Cooking Checklist
- Camp Safety and First Aid Checklist
- Master Over-all Camping Checklist
Do you know the best way to organize and pack all that gear for a camping trip? Do you know what to pack first, and what gear should be packed last? Have you discovered the secrets of separate duffel bags and stuff sacks?
These camping tips are simple and basic, but you would be surprised how many campers don’t think of them.
Here are some samples of camping and campsite gear you can use with your camping and cast iron cooking recipes. Once you have any of these camp tools you will wonder how you ever did without them. Especially when you see how inexpensive they are when you buy them online.
You might also like: